7 Secrets of Confession by Vinny Flynn: Secret Two-It’s Not Just about Forgiveness
- We go to confession for healing.
- Confession and Anointing of the Sick are Sacraments of Healing.
- Sacraments are outward signs instituted by Christ to give grace.
- Grace is the free and undeserved help that God gives us and it’s so we can become children of God sharing in His divine nature and starting to live eternal life now.
- Grace is God’s eternal life, poured into our soul to heal it of sin and to sanctify it so that we can become like Him and live the way He lives.
- Christ is the great physician of our souls and bodies.
- Physical sickness is often related to spiritual sickness.
- Some have a physical sickness without sinning because God wants His works visible through them.
- Christ always brings healing but not always physical cures. His ministry was one of spiritual healing.
- Confession for healing and education.
- Forgiveness is necessary for our salvation. Forgiveness initiates healing. Confession not meant to be a quick fix. It is a process of healing and education so that we are eventually stop falling into the same sins.
- The priest not only gives absolution, but is there to be a father, spiritual guide, teacher.
- Sin wounds and disfigures us. We look, think, and act less like God. Jesus wants to restore us to the likeness of God.
- When we are sick we go to the doctor. When we have sinned we go to Confession.