7 Secrets of Confession by Vinny Flynn: Secret One-Sin Doesn’t Change God
- Sin isn’t only about wrong behavior; it’s about our relationship to God the Father.
- God is a Father who wanted children; He willed us into existence to share in His own divine life.
- Sin is when we refuse to let God father us.
- Sin is turning our face away from God.
- Sin sets itself against God’s love for us and turns our hearts away from it.
- God the Father created us free and respects our freedom, he allows us to turn away.
- Remedy is to turn back. Think military command: “About, FACE!”
- God is love, but that love is not static; it’s what God does.
- Through science we know the sun does not rise or set, but the earth moves turning away from the sun.
- The sun continues giving warmth and light, but parts of the earth receive more of the light and warmth than other parts.
- God is always loving; it’s we who turn away from that love.
- We love conditionally based on others’ behavior; we think God does this, too.
- We are unworthy of God’s love because He’s God and we’re creatures.
- He loves us even though we are not worthy.
- We can accept His love or refuse it by sinning.